Transportation Management Systems (TMSs) and Centers (TMCs) allow TSMO practitioners to improve system efficiency and commuter safety. Technological advancement has created new questions and new challenges for practitioners, with uncertainty about the speed or urgency with which an agency should choose to maintain, alter, or replace certain systems. To assist in navigating this uncertainty, the National Operations Center of Excellence (NOCoE) has created a new portal of linked TMS and TMC resources. These resources include:
- Scheduled events and newsletter updates on any new resources.
- Up-to-date information on next-generation technological developments.
- Networking and training opportunities to promote best practices.
- The ability to submit examples or new research for other agencies to adopt.
- Resources and information on the FHWA’s TMC Pooled Fund Study.
NOCoE’s portal is a great way to stay on top of TMS and TMC developments and ensure systems are run as safely and efficiently as possible. You can access the portal at this link. To ask questions of peers or exchange information on best practices directly, you can use this link to learn more about accessing the TMS Blog.