The sis a program of America Walks and is partly funded by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. This program supports the growing network of advocates, organizations, and agencies using innovative, engaging, and inclusive programs and projects to create change at the community level.
Grants are awarded to innovative, engaging, and inclusive programs and projects that create change and opportunity for walking and movement at the community level. This program will award 15 grantees $1,500.00 in community grants for projects related to creating healthy, active, and engaged places to live, work and play.
Stories and Examples of Past Community Change Grant Recipients:
- Working Across Sectors to Make Maine More Active
- How one library leveraged a story walk and community engagement into a street redesigned for safety
- We Belong Here: The Takoma Park Equity Walk
- Community Change Agents Walk On
- Creating and Installing our Community-Engaged University of Massachusetts Boston Harborwalk Grace Trail
- Grassroots Community Change Projects Enhance Walkability Step by Step