The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) have announced that the nomination period for the agencies’ joint Transportation Planning Excellence Awards is now open. Online applications are due February 1, 2019.
State agencies, MPOs, RTPOs, and transit operators that have used Federal FHWA/FTA funding to develop a plan, project, or planning process that demonstrates excellence in planning are encouraged to apply for one or more of the following categories:
- Accelerating Planning and Project Delivery
- Performance-Based Planning and Programming
- Modeling and Technology Applications
- Innovative, Safe, and Efficient Movement of Goods
- Public Involvement and Outreach