- This event has passed.
FHWA/FTA Webinar: Transportation Planning Emphasis Areas
April 14, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Rural and metro planning practitioners should plan to join the upcoming Transportation Planning Information Exchange Webinar sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Office of Planning and Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) Office of Planning and Environment. Speakers from FHWA and FTA as well as staff from various Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPOs) and transit agencies throughout the nation will provide information on the 2016 Planning Emphasis Areas (PEAs) letter. This webinar is will be recorded.
Topic to be Discussed: Presenters will discuss the release of the PEAs for FY 2016 as well as:
- Discuss experiences on how PEAs are incorporated by State DOTs and MPOs, and how the UPWPs and SPR work programs were enhanced as a result;
- Learn what is new and different in this year’s PEAs, and
- Share good examples of implementation including resources that have been developed since the FY 2015 PEAs were published.
- Elisa Arias from the San Diego Association of Governments will discuss MAP-21 Implementation activities;
- Elizabeth Thompson and Sutapa Bhattacharjee from the North Jersey Transportation Planning Association will discuss Ladders of Opportunity/Connectivity initiatives underway via presentations on NJ Pedestrian Safety Campaign Initiative and the Hudson Bikeshare, respectively;
- Thomas Mazur from the Lima-Allen County Regional Planning Commission and Erica Petrie from the Area Agency on Aging will discuss Identifying Ladders through the Coordinated Plan; and
- Chris Lukasina from the North Carolina Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and Cain Williamson from the Atlanta Regional Commission will discuss how their areas are implementing Regional Models of Cooperation.
The presentations and discussions will be followed by a question and answer session through the chat pod and over the phone. If you have any questions about the PEAs, please contact FHWA’s Harlan Miller at [email protected] or FTA’s Dwayne Weeks at [email protected].
Non-Federal DOT employees are required to register no less than one day prior to the webinar. Registration is free and should only take a moment or two. Here is the link to request an account: https://collaboration.fhwa.dot.gov/FBA/Register.aspx . Step-by step instructions on how to request an account can be found here: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/espnon-dotstaff/
The account issuance takes approximately one business day. Once you receive your account information, you can access the site by clicking on the registration link and logging in.
This webinar will be recorded.
- Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2015
- Topic to be Discussed: FY 2016 Planning Emphasis Areas
- Time: 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET
- Direct Link to Webinar Room: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/sr500bpea/