The National Highway Institute has announced the availability of a new online course on Introduction to Financial Planning for Transportation Asset Management. The course is available at no cost, and consists of three modules that can be completed in about an hour. The training is intended to help answer the questions:
1. What is a financial plan and what are the benefits of creating and using one?
2. What are the components of a financial plan?
3. Who are the essential stakeholders for developing a financial plan?
4. What factors influence the investment strategies for meeting condition targets?
5. How are the financial plans and other State plans, programs, and budgets related?
The course is intended for state DOT and MPO staff but may be beneficial to others with an interest in tying financial planning to asset management.