The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has announced several new webinars occurring in September. Follow the link in the webinar title for more information and to register for each of the webinars below:
- September 8, 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET, Every Day Counts: Community Connections Initiative Webinar (repeated on September 22)
- September 15, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET, Introduction to Performance-Based Practical Design
- September 20, 2 – 3:30 p.m. ET, Let’s Talk Performance: Safety Target Setting and Coordination
- September 21, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET, Talking Freight: Accommodating Trucks in Innovative Design Intersections and Interchanges
- September 22, 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET, Every Day Counts: Community Connections Initiative Webinar (repeated on September 8)
In addition, FHWA has released several safety performance management-related resources to assist states and MPOs with implementing performance management regulatory requirements, along with the case studies and other material to be discussed in the September 20 “Let’s Talk Performance” webinar. These resources include State Serious Injury Conversion Tables, Metropolitan Planning Organization Safety Performance Measures Fact Sheet, 2018-2019 HSIP Safety Performance Targets Timeline, and Safety Performance Measures Resources and Support. Links to each of these documents and additional information are available at safety.fhwa.dot.gov/hsip/spm.